Dr. Welsh is able to provide extractions in the convenience of his own office.
An extraction is a procedure that removes the tooth from the mouth. There are several reasons that an extraction might be necessary, including:
- To remove painful wisdom teeth
- To prepare room for bridges and replacements
- To prepare for orthodontic treatment
- To remove a tooth that is beyond repair
- To make room for surrounding teeth
Dr. Welsh is able to perform both simple and surgical extractions in the office. Simple extractions are performed on visible teeth, while surgical extractions are required for teeth that have broken under the gum line or are not yet fully erupted.
Dr. Welsh has over twenty years of experience in the surgical removal of wisdom teeth.
Wisdom teeth are the final set of molars that develop, located at the back of a person’s mouth. When properly aligned, they are considered healthy. Often times, however, wisdom teeth become misaligned and require removal.
Misaligned or impacted wisdom teeth can result in:
- Crowded teeth
- Damage to surrounding teeth
- Damage to a patient’s jawbone
- Bacteria formation resulting in pain and swelling
- Infection and gum disease
- Potential tooth decay
Wisdom tooth removal is performed with the assistance of IV sedation in the convenience of our office. Sedation allows the patient to be calm and relaxed during the procedure, preventing pain and discomfort.
We pride ourselves in providing the best patient care from pre-surgery to post-operation. If you are having problems with your wisdom teeth, call our office today to schedule your appointment.